What to do
1. Check if your business is eligible
Your business must:
- Have a storefront
- Have not begun work on your project
- Have less than $2.5M in gross revenue on your most recent tax return
- Have an owner from a low or extremely low-income household or be a non-profit
- Proof of estimated cost of project:
- For construction projects submit a bid from a contractor that includes prevailing wages
- For equipment or furniture submit estimates including model numbers and prices
NOTE: ADA and accessibility furniture and equipment are not covered under this grant. To be reimbursed for the above apply for the ADA Barrier Removal Grant.
NOTE: Shared Spaces projects are not covered under this grant. Read information about Shared Spaces compliance.
2. Gather information about your business
We will ask you for:
- Your Business Account Number (BAN). If you don't know it, you can look it up.
- Your gross revenue from your most recent tax return
- Number of full-time and part-time employees
- A completed W9
3. Gather your household income
Your household must qualify as low or extremely low income, based on the Area Median Income. We will help you check this in the form.
We will ask you how many people are in your household. A household is a single person or a group of people who live together, regardless of actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
We will also ask you about the income for all adults in your household. Use your 2021 tax return if you have filed or estimate your total income for the last 12 months.
4. Get a bid from a licensed contractor or an estimate for equipment or furniture
You will be asked to upload a bid or estimate to your application. If you need assistance with getting a bid or estimate please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be asked to agree to our legal terms.
This will take about 15 minutes.
6. What to expect after you apply
We will email you a confirmation.
You may not begin work on your project or purchase your equipment or furniture until you have been accepted into the program.
We will email you within 30 days to let you know the status of your application. If you are accepted we will assign you to a nonprofit community partner to help complete your project.
Last updated January 18, 2023